Hi! Welcome to KarinaKappelOnline.com.
Ultimately, my goal is to create a site as a way to connect … a way to connect to people like me, a way to connect to experts with more answers than I have….. a way to connect and share ideas. My journey begins with my two kids who couldn’t be more opposite. One with countless food allergies, lactose intolerance, and fructose malabsorption (a hereditary condition where the small intestine can not absorb sugar), and he loves to eat anything. But, he must be cautious and monitor everything or he’ll get sick. The other is the pickiest eater who leaves me banging my head on the stove. As you can imagine, meal time is quite a treat around here! I remember dreaming the dream about cooking one meal that the whole family would enjoy….. right, that was a dream. It’s a continuing quest to find meals the three of us will all eat. UGH! Dinnertime can be the biggest stresser in my day! I know, we’ve all been there, right?
The next conquest includes making sure the kids have adequate nutrition. My son’s food allergies and fructose malabsorption make it very tricky to get complete nutrition from his food. And of course, my daughter’s pickiness leaves serious gaps in her diet as well. So, I continually develop little tips and tricks to sneak in vitamins and minerals.
I own a small boutique home-based bakery The Artful Baker, Inc. I love the creative aspect of designing and creating cakes and cookies of all sorts. I find myself lately however, gravitating towards developing healthier versions of cookies. Baked goods my kids can eat and mom still feels good about the ingredients. Not to mention, eliminating several food allergens and lowering the sugar content – good for everyone!
So what are we going to talk about?
- Do you need new gluten free recipes or ideas?
- Do you or your family suffer from IBS or digestive problems?
- Do you need to learn how to swap out ingredients to make a recipe allergen friendly?
- Do you need a resource for allergy free products?
- Do you need a resource for healthier treats that are allergy friendly?
- Do you want to learn more about your family’s nutrition?
- Do you want tailored recipes to help you with vitamin deficiencies caused by specialized diets or extreme pickiness?
- Do you want to learn how to “sneak” a little extra nutrition into a recipe?
- Would you like a source for custom made treats?
- Do you need friend? 😊
Yay, you’re still reading! I thank you kindly for visiting! Please reach out with questions, topic suggestions or just to say hi! How can I help you and your family?